Kerbside Collections


Kerbside Collection

Download your 2023/2024 Kerbside Collection Calendar(PDF, 599KB). This calendar will help you work out your collection days.
Kerbside collection does not occur on Good Friday or Christmas Day. If you collection falls on one of these days Council normally arranges your collection the day before or the day after. Keep an eye on Council's website or social media channels to find out your alternate day, or simply call our office closer to the time - 6226 1477.

What can go in my bins? 

General Waste - collected weekly


  • Crockery/porcelain/ceramics.
  • Nappies.
  • Plastic bags/plastic wrap.
  • Clothes/rags/shoes.
  • Meat trays.
  • Household rubbish.
  • Polystyrene/bubble wrap packaging.
  • Drinking glasses/window glass/mirrors.
  • Garden hose.
  • Kitchen organics.


  • Green waste.
  • Heater ashes.
  • Paints.
  • Syringes.
  • Cooking/motor oil.
  • Demolition/building waste.
  • Tyres.
  • Chemicals.
  • Car parts/batteries.
  • Gas cylinders.
  • Electronics/computers
  • Household batteries

Recycling - collected fortnightly


  • Plastic bottles and jars, with all lids removed.
  • Plastic containers, with all lids removed.
  • Glass bottles and jars, with all lids removed.
  • Aluminium and steel cans.
  • Aerosol cans.
  • Cardboard/paper/newspaper.
  • Poppers/milk/juice cartons.
  • Telephone books/magazines.
  • Egg cartons.
  • Plastic plant pots.


  • Green waste.
  • Shredded paper.
  • Heater ash.
  • Plastic bags/plastic wrap.
  • Light globes.
  • Syringes.
  • Household garbage, kitchen organics.
  • Clothes/rags/shoes.
  • Polystyrene/bubble wrap.
  • Nappies.
  • Garden hoses.
  • Scrap metal, car parts.
  • Small electrical applicances, ie toasters, mobiles.
  • Drinking glasses/crockery.
  • Batteries of any kind


Rural Resident Skip Collection

Some rural residents are eligible to apply for skip collection, under Council's business waste collection. The charges for this service are located below in Council's current fees & charges.

New kerbside collection service

If you have just moved in to a new house and need a garbage bin and recycling bin please apply for a waste service. Please note: You must have an Interim Occupation Certificate or Final Occupation Certificate before you can apply for a bin service.

Lost or stolen bins

All lost or stolen bins will require you to pay for their replacement. The cost for replacement is available in our current fees and charges
Apply for a waste service

Damaged bins

Damaged lids, wheels and wheel axles can be replaced for free.
Please notify Council by calling 6226 1477 or apply for a waste service.