About Yass Valley Council
Yass Valley Council is made up of nine elected Councillors. Elections are held every four years to determine the Councillors who will represent the people of Yass Valley.
A Mayor and Deputy Mayor are elected by the Councillors every two years. Day to day operations are managed by the CEO and three Directors.
What does council provide?
- Services and infrastructure, such as roads, rubbish, water and waste.
- Adds value to our lifestyle by enhancing the character and culture of our unique Valley.
- Grows our economy by supporting local businesses and attracting visitors and new residents to our area.
- Protects our green environment, making sure future generations get to use it and enjoy a clean, safe place to live.
- Works to make Yass Valley safe for everyone to enjoy.
- Makes sure facilities and amenities are there for all - pathways, pools, sports facilities, halls and public spaces.
- Ensures sound financial decision-making to keep Yass Valley one of the most 'affordable' regions to live in.
- Works in many ways with residents, individuals, groups and areas of the Valley, to discuss and consult on everyone's needs and aspirations.
Departments at Council
Yass Valley Council has over 150 employees who work to put the policies and aspirations of the Council into action.
- Director Planning and Environment
- Director Corporate and Community
- Director Infrastructure and Assets
Planning and Environment
- Strategic Planning
- Development Control
- Compliance and Public Health
- Animal Control
Corporate and Community
- Finance - including rates and water billing
- Information Technology
- Customer Service
- Organisational Development
- Records and Information Management
- Media and Communications
- Library Services
- Economic and Community Development
Infrastructure and Assets
- Parks and Gardens
- Water and Sewer
- Road Infrastructure
- Waste and Recycling
- Facilities and Building management
- Road Safety