Work Experience and Internship Opportunities
Yass Valley Council welcomes applications for work experience/placements. We can't always guarantee that we will be able to fill requests but we will certainly do our best to accommodate.
Council is currently offering work experience/placements in the following areas.
Planning & Environment:
- Strategic Planning – University work experience students in either strategic planning or environmental science.
- Environmental Services – weeds, environmental science or agronomy university students or a school student looking at studying either at uni. Environmental Health - university environmental health students. Ranger services - school students would be suitable.
- Development Control – university work experience students for planning. Building Certifier*- School students would be suitable. This role will be dependent on workload and availability of current council certifiers.
Infrastructure & Assets
- Parks & Recreation Services – school students or higher who want some experience.
- Water & Wastewater Services – school students who are keen to learn and gain some experience in the field.
- Engineering - university students or a school student looking at studying this at uni.
Corporate & Community
- Media & Communications – university or school students who are keen to learn and gain some experience in the field.
- Library – school students would be suitable
- Finance – Anyone who has basic finance and is prepared to learn and study
- Information Technology – school students or higher who want some experience and are prepared to study.
- Human Resources - school students or higher who are keen to gain some experience in the field and prepared to study.
- Visitor Information Centre - school students or higher who want some experience.
Some of the above positions are required to hold a White Card. For those who are successful in gaining work experience/ placement and do not already hold a White Card, Council is prepared to help you obtain one.
When notifying Council of your interest to undertake work experience/placement please ensure you nominate the area within Council that you would like to work.
You can contact us via Email: email@example.com