Parking in Yass
The Yass central business district has a variety of parking zones to accommodate people visiting our beautiful town.
- Most of the parking in the main street precinct of Yass is 2 hour free parking.
- Parking for large vehicles, RVs and caravans is available at the park 'n ride on Lead Street.
- There are short 15 minute parking spaces on the corner of Meehan and Comur streets.
All day parking
All day parking is available at the following sites:
- The Park 'n Ride on Lead Street.
- The carpark behind Atherfield Medical Centre on Lead Street.
- Banjo Paterson Park on Meehan Street.
- The carpark on Crago Street, opposite Aldi Supermarket.
- All day street parking is available on most streets, one block back from Comur Street. Please check street sign at time of parking.
Heavy vehicles (4.5 tonnes or more GVM) must not park along a length of road in built up areas for longer than one hour (buses excepted).
Council Rangers are authorised to police car parking areas in the Yass Valley. These officers have the authority to ensure that all car parking signs are obeyed and that motorists do not stop or park in prohibited areas.
Car parking enforcement ensures regular vehicle movement, as well as the availability of car parking spaces in the CBD.