The NSW Planning Portal is now the primary way in which the development and associated applications are submitted to Yass Council.
Taking the process online will provide the community consistency and convenience with a ‘one stop shop’ that will be available anywhere and in real time, improving assessment times and providing transparency every step of the way. Applicants will receive notifications during the assessment process to keep them in the loop from start to finish.
Electronic lodgements of the following applications are to be made through the Planning Portal:
- Development Applications
- Modification Applications
- Complying Development Certificates
- Construction Certificates for Building Works
- Occupation Certificates
- Subdivision Certificates
- Appointment of Principal Certifier
- Notice of Works
- Certificate Registrations
- Section 68 applications
- Planning Proposals
- Review of determination
To assist you when lodging applications, please refer to the Planning Portal's Quick Reference Guides for help.
A Statement of Environmental Effects is required to be uploaded to the Planning Portal for all development applications. YVC - Statement of Environmental Effects Residential Development Form.
A contract is to be entered into and uploaded to the Planning Portal for all certification work.
All applications should also be accompanied by the relevant documentation outlined in Schedule 1 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation 2000
If you are experiencing a problem with the planning portal system, please refer to the online help FAQs - https://www.planningportal.nsw.gov.au/support/frequently-asked-questions. Alternatively you can contact Service NSW for assistance - https://www.planningportal.nsw.gov.au/support/contact-us
The Planning Portal does not currently support the lodgement of following applications:
- Application for Building Information Certificate
- Swimming Pool Compliance Certificate
- Application for Subdivision works certificate
- Application for Temporary Accommodation
- Form 24 - Dwelling entitlement enquiry
- Form 23 - Application for minor works to a heritage item
- Form 218 - Rural Addressing Application
- Form 11 - Plumbing Combined Notice of Works - Certificate of Compliance
- Form 2 - Application for planning certificate
- Form 216 - Request for a Pre-lodgement Meeting
- Form 8 - Application for sewer main - sewer service diagram
- Form 35 - Application for activities in a Council road reserve
These applications can continue to be lodged by emailing Council@yass.nsw.gov.au or in person at the Council offices.
Council understands that some users will need assistance and/or access to computers to enable them to electronically lodge their development applications.
For more information on how to do this or for assistance, please contact Council’s Planning & Environment Team on 6226 1477.