Yass Valley Council offers a free heritage advisory service, jointly funded by the NSW Office of Environment & Heritage. Pip Giovanelli is the Yass Valley Council Heritage Advisor and is available for appointments on the following dates:
- Tuesday, 16 February 2021
- Tuesday, 16 March 2021
- Tuesday, 20 April 2021
- Tuesday, 18 May 2021
- Tuesday, 15 June 2021
- July TBA
- Tuesday, 17 August 2021
- Tuesday, 21 September 2021
- Tuesday, 19 October 2021
- Tuesday, 16 November 2021
- Tuesday, 14 December 2021
Pip can provide design advice (for example, residential or commercial restorations or extensions) or advice on how to manage ‘old’ building issues (for example, rising damp) which are heritage items or within a conservation area.
A Heritage Trades Directory has been compiled of local tradespeople and companies who provide heritage products and services within the Yass Valley.
Note: Council does not guarantee or take any responsibility for goods or services provided by these suppliers.
- Caring for and Restoring your Old House.
- NSW Heritage ‘Maintenance Series’ has a range of technical sheets on how to manage issues such as rising damp, plaster repairs etc.
- NSW Heritage Council's Fire, Access and Services Advisory Panel (FASAP) is an expert technical panel, which provides advice on upgrading heritage buildings to satisfy legal standards for fire safety, access for people with disabilities and services in ways that will not diminish their heritage significance. FASAP meets quarterly and provides free services to help government agencies, local councils and property owners to achieve acceptable compliance with modern building standards while retaining the heritage significance of places. See this Factsheet and Brochure for further information.