All DAs must be formally assessed. This means that the site must be inspected, neighbours consulted, referrals completed, reports drafted and recommendations made.
The six matters that we must consider (under section 4.15 of the EP&A Act) are:
- All plans and policies that apply
- Impacts of your proposal on the natural and built environment and the social and economic impacts in the locality.
- The suitability of your site for your proposal (e.g. physical characteristics, availability of access and services).
- Any submissions (such as from neighbours or other groups).
- Any comments or agreements/approvals from any NSW Government agency.
- The broader public interest.
DA Tracking System
Unfortunately the online application “Track my DA” is currently unavailable. If you are seeking progress on a DA you have lodged please speak to our Customer Service team – 6226 1477 / Council@yass.nsw.gov.au.
Additional Information Requests
If you get the ‘front end’ of the application lodgement process right then we will most likely have all the information required to make a decision. However, it may be necessary for the assessment officer to contact you, or your consultant, and request clarification or additional information. It’s helpful if you can respond quickly and it’s best to get your experts to talk directly with us if further clarification is needed.