Yass Valley Council is responsible for the management of seven cemeteries, with three memorial gardens and four niche walls for ashes. Council is also responsible for the maintenance, interments, record keeping and liaison with funeral directors in relation to these cemeteries.
- Yass Lawn Cemetery - Irvine Drive, Yass.
- Yass Old Cemetery - Irvine Drive, Yass.
- Murrumbateman Cemetery - South Street, Murrumbateman.
- Binalong Cemetery - Cemetery Road, Binalong.
- Bookham Cemetery - Childowla Road, Bookham.
- Bowning Cemetery - Bowning Road, Bowning.
- Gundaroo Cemetery - Judith Street, Gundaroo.
Council reserves the right to remove (without notice) any unauthorised works, and unapproved, excessive or incorrectly located flower containers or plants.
Council will only grant a monumental permit with the consent of the grantee of the 'Right of Burial'.
Council will not be liable for the future care, maintenance, preservation, conservation or restoration of the construction (headstone and surrounds) erected or placed over the grave.
For more information on burials, grave maintenance and cemeteries please refer to our FAQs.