Click and Collect at the Library - BACK NEXT WEEK!
Yass Valley Library Click and Collect IS BACK!
Council is very pleased to announce we can reintroduce the Click and Collect Service at the Yass Library. We have received advice from the State Library, working closely with the Department of Premier and Cabinet, that the Click and Collect service is permissible as it is compliant with the Public Health (COVID-19 Restrictions on Gathering and Movement Order 2020).
The Yass Library Click and Collect service will be starting up again next week - from Tuesday, 21 April 2020.
The Click and Collect Service times will still be the same: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 10am to 1pm.
To ensure that this service will be safe for all patrons and staff we ask that everyone using this service adheres to the following measures:
- Remain 1.5m from other patrons and Library Staff at all times.
- Only stand on designated marks, especially when collecting your reserves.
- Please wait to be called up to the counter by the library staff.
- You will be required to scan your own Library Card.
- Only ONE family member should collect the reserves on behalf of all family members. Please bring along the membership cards that have reserves on hold. (This is to reduce the amount of people coming to the area).
- Patrons must follow the directions of staff and posted signage at all times.
- Please bring along a library bag with you to place your reserves in.
- Please DO NOT participate in this service if you or a family member are unwell.
- Patrons will NOT be permitted to enter the Library building at any time. NO EXCEPTIONS.
How it will work:
- Patrons will go to the Library web page HERE and click on the Click & Collect button to browse and reserve the items they would like to borrow.
- Patrons that cannot access the website can reserve books by calling the Library on 6226 1305 or emailing Library@yass.nsw.gov.au
- The Library staff will process the request and notify the patron when their items are ready for collection.
- Patrons will be able to collect their reserves during the designated Click & Collect Service times i.e. Tuesday to Thursday between 10am and 1pm.
- The Click & Collect service will be operating from the front of the library.
- Items can be returned to the library via the return chutes at Yass and Murrumbateman branches or when patrons are collecting their reserves. All returned items will be sanitised and placed in quarantine for minimum of 4 days before being returned to the main collection.
15 April 2020