Coronavirus (Covid-19) Update - Monday, 6 April
Based on the representations and feedback we have received from the Community and following a clarification of the NSW Health Minister notice, Yass Valley Council transfer stations will remain open as normal but under modified services as of midnight on Monday, 6 April 2020.
The following measures will be put into place:
- People are asked to remain in their cars until directed otherwise by staff.
- There is no access to offices, buildings and other facilities within the site.
- Social distancing guidelines should be exercised at all times.
- NO CASH will be accepted. EFTPOS facilities available or a rates notice or driver's licence will be required so resident details can be taken and an account sent in the mail
- Council will continue to operate its existing kerbside collection services (both waste and recycling) in the Yass, Murrumbateman, Binalong and Bowning collection areas, as usual.
The public will be able to access transfer stations in accordance with their normal operating hours:
- Yass - Seven days week from 8am to 4.30pm.
- Murrumbateman - Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 8.30am to 4pm and Tuesday and Thursday from 8.30am to 12.30pm.
- Binalong - Wednesday from 8am to 12pm and Sunday from 1pm to 4.30pm.
- Bookham - Wednesday from 12.30pm to 4.30pm and Sunday from 8am to 12pm.
- Bowning - Sunday from 8am to 12pm
- Wee Jasper - Sunday from 1pm to 4.30pm (recycling 24/7).
- Gundaroo - Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 5pm.
- Sutton - Recycling only - open 24/7
Council understands that many residents may undertake a number of jobs around the home during this time. However residents are asked to assess their need to visit transfer stations and determine whether such visits are necessary under current NSW Health guidelines. Where possible residents are asked to minimise such visits.
Council will continue to monitor the situation and it is hoped that normal services can be resumed as soon as possible. We thank you for your continued understanding and assistance during this difficult time.
6 April 2020