Coronavirus (COVID-19) update - Thursday, 26 March
Thursday, 26 March
- The NSW State Government has issued an order for the closure of all caravan parks. Only permanent residents or those without homes are able to remain. As a result, the Yass Caravan Park is CLOSED to anyone who is not a permanent resident and/or without a permanent home. The site amenities will be locked and only permanent residents will have access.
- This order also applies to RV and camping grounds, including Joe O’Connor Park, effectively immediately. Signs will be installed at Joe O’Connor Park notifying of its closure.
- All playground equipment in the Yass Valley will be CLOSED from midnight Friday, 27 March. The surrounding park areas are still open but Council urges residents to avoid congregating in groups and to observe strict social distancing rules, as set out by the Australian Government, at all times.
- Public toilets will remain open at the Yass Valley Information Centre (VIC) at Coronation Park and Murrumbateman Recreation Ground for as long as possible. All other amenities in the Yass Valley will, however, be CLOSED from midnight on Friday, 27 March.
- Customer Service and the VIC remain open, at this stage, however, as of Monday, 30 March there will be NO CASH PAYMENTS.
- The Library is CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC. We are currently working hard behind the scenes to come up with alternative ways for patrons to have access to Library resources. More information to come.
- Binalong and Yass Pools are CLOSED.
- Council managed Halls in the Yass Valley (eg. Yass Memorial Hall, Murrumbateman Hall and Sutton Hall) are CLOSED.
- We urge the community to consider delaying all non-urgent, non-essential business and to avoid all face-to-face meetings with Council staff. Please continue to phone or email with any enquiries.
- Council’s main priority is the continuation of essential services, which will include emergency response, water, wastewater, kerbside waste collection (not recycling), cemeteries and environmental health.
- There is a red banner at the top of our website, which will direct all residents to our regular and rolling COVID-19 updates, including all latest closures.
- With the impact of COVID-19 restrictions on so many of our local businesses, the Visit Yass Valley team has been busy compiling resources for the community on what services remain open. Check out the list HERE and HERE.
27 March 2020