Yass Valley Council is made up of nine elected Councillors. Elections are held every four years to determine the Councillors who will represent the people of Yass Valley.
A Mayor and Deputy Mayor are elected by the Councillors every two years. Day to day operations are managed by the CEO and three Directors.
- Provides services and infrastructure, such as roads, rubbish, water and waste.
- Adds value to our lifestyle by enhancing the character and culture of our unique Valley.
- Grows our economy by supporting local businesses and attracting visitors and new residents to our area.
- Protects our green environment, making sure future generations get to use it and enjoy a clean, safe place to live.
- Works to make Yass Valley safe for everyone to enjoy.
- Makes sure facilities and amenities are there for all - pathways, pools, sports facilities, halls and public spaces.
- Ensures sound financial decision-making to keep Yass Valley one of the most 'affordable' regions to live in.
- Works in many ways with residents, individuals, groups and areas of the Valley, to discuss and consult on everyone's needs and aspirations.
Yass Valley Council has over 150 employees who work to put the policies and aspirations of the Council into action.
- Infrastructure & Assets
- Parks & Gardens
- Facilities & Building Management
- Water & Sewer
- Road Safety
- Rubbish & Recycling
- Road Infrastructure
- Corporate & Community
- Rates & Water Billing
- Information Technology
- Customer Service
- Human Resources
- Records / Information Management
- Library services
- Economic Development
- Planning & Environment
- Strategic Planning
- Development Control
- Compliance & Public Health
- Animal Control
- Community Development