Yass Valley Council is calling on applications for this year’s Grants Program, which opens on Monday 29th May 2017 and closes on Friday 30th June 2017.
“Our Grants Program is a wonderful way for Council to provide financial assistance to our community groups and organisations,” said Yass Valley Mayor, Rowena Abbey. “The Turning Wave Festival, Murrumbateman Progress Association and Yass First Scouts are just some of the previous community groups and events that we have been able to support.”
Yass Valley Council’s Grants Program is divided into three categories – Community Grants Program, Heritage Grants Program and Major Event Marketing Program.
Photo: Lovat Chapel steps restoration through the Heritage Grants Program
The Community Grants Program aims to encourage the implementation of projects that enhance existing, or develop new, services and activities that:
- maximise access and usage of community resources, services and facilities;
- encourage the development of, and broad community participation in, community services, cultural activities and environmental initiatives;
- encourage environmental sustainability; and
- encourage inclusiveness, collaboration, capacity building, equity and social justice.
Photo: Major Event Marketing Grant Funding - Festival of Flavour
The Heritage Grants Program aims to assist owners, property managers and community groups to undertake projects that:
- foster positive community attitudes towards heritage and conservation; and
- maintenance projects to structures of historical value to ensure their long-term conservation.
The Major Event Marketing Program focuses on major events which have the capacity to draw visitation from outside the Local Government Area to build the image and profile of Yass Valley as an attractive destination.
Photo: Murrumbateman Progress Association used their Community Grant funding towards a stage at the Recreation Grounds.
A grant program information session (for Community and Major Event Marketing applications only) will be held on Thursday 8th June 2017, 6-7.00pm at Yass Valley Council Chambers, which will provide assistance to potential applicants. RSVP's are required and can be made by calling Cathy Campbell - 02 6226 1477 or HERE ONLINE.