The Yass Valley community’s Long Term Goals for the Natural Environment:
- Our natural environment remains clean and healthy.
- Local feral animals, pests and weeds are eradicated.
- Yass Valley is home to a diverse range of native flora and fauna.
- Practices in environmental sustainability are widely adopted throughout our local area.
Yass Valley Council provides a number of environmental services to residents in the area, to care for our natural environment, and to meet community expectations and legislative requirements.
This section of the website will provide you with information about the following topics:
- Natural Environment
- Native plant list for waterwise gardens
- Yass Gorge
- Buying a rural property – things to consider
- Sustainable land management
- Weed management
- Catchment and Natural Resource Management
- Gully Erosion
- Planning for Bush fire Risk
- Environment Events
- Local community groups (YAN/landcare, community garden),
- Funding and Grant Opportunities
- Caravan Parks and Camping Grounds
- DIY Safety - Practical advice for Home Renovators
- Event Management
- Food Businesses
- Food Safety
- Keeping Animals in Residential Areas
- Legionella Control
- Nature Strips
- Noise Pollution
- On-Site Sewage Management
- Personal Health
- Private Drinking Water Supplies
- Services provided by Yass Valley Council.
- Love Food, Hate Waste Program
- Control of Noxious Weeds
- Control of Pest Animals