Economic Development is a key priority of the Yass Valley Community Strategic Plan. Council employs an Economic Development Manager whose activities are guided by the Economic Development Strategy (PDF).
The Economic Development Manager’s role is to promote Yass Valley as an attractive place to live, work and invest and to provide support and information to businesses and potential investors.
The Economic Development Manager can provide businesses with a range of services including:
- Market analysis information
- Information on setting up a business in Yass Valley
- Advice on potential business locations
- Access to grants including assistance with applying for state and federal government grants
- Access to small business advisors and training
- Networking and information on training and educational opportunities
Council also has a Main Street Strategy that addresses the functionality and aesthetic aspects of the main street.
For more information on business development opportunities for new and existing businesses please contact the Economic Development & Tourism Manager Sean Haylan on 02 6226 2557